2021 will plunge businesses into unfamiliar territory. The economy has slowed significantly, unemployment is up, and business restrictions may remain in place for a few months into 2021 as COVID-19 vaccines become widely distributed.
With these conditions outside of business owners’ control, you will need to find ways to cope with them to continue to market your products and services. However, these conditions will not require a wholesale change in your digital marketing tools. Instead, you should be able to use the same tools you have always used, but reinvent them to meet the challenges of 2021.
Here are three examples of digital marketing tools that can be reinvented for 2021:
E-commerce has exploded in 2020 due to coronavirus restrictions and the reluctance of many people to shop in-person. This provides an enormous opportunity for businesses that sell goods and services online.
However, this also provides a challenge. Customers receive more emails than ever before. Your email marketing campaigns must stand out from the competition to receive attention from customers.
Some ways that email marketing services can change things up include:
- Personalization: Personalization means more than putting the customer’s name at the top of the email. Rather, you should think through your customer’s interaction with your products and services and provide the communication they need at the time they need it. For example, if your products require replacement parts, make sure to reach out to customers when parts usually need to be changed.
- Simplicity: Simple is often better. Plain-text emails often feel more conversational and save you both time and money to design and send.
- Judiciousness: Being judicious with your emails will often pay dividends. With more people working remotely, too many marketing emails can feel like spam. By cutting down on your marketing emails, you increase the value of each one.
Customers have a heightened need for value. Content marketing is a good way to build goodwill with customers by providing something of value for free.
Some of the types of content that content marketing services can help you develop include:
- Infographics: Infographics are a good way to encapsulate a lot of information in a few images. During the pandemic, infographics have been particularly helpful in helping people understand complex ideas about the economy and biology. Content marketing services can help you find ways to explain how your products or services benefit your customers.
- E-books: With more time on their hands, customers have more time to interact with e-books. Find a topic that you can speak to with subject matter expertise and write an authoritative e-book that content marketing services can help you optimize for marketing.
Stay on top of your SEO marketing. With the world changing so quickly during the pandemic, the goods and services people need, and the terms they use to search for them, changes quickly. SEO web design companies can help you identify keyword opportunities and help you optimize your site for them.
For example, a year ago, no one could have predicted that searches for face coverings would be so significant. However, staying ahead of the curve can help you steer new search terms to your goods and services.
About 60% of marketers say that inbound marketing (SEO, blog content) represents their highest quality source of leads. This means that optimizing your site to take advantage of search engine search results, providing high-quality content, and using email marketing campaigns intelligently can provide you with high-quality traffic.