How Does Google AdWords Charge?
Google AdWords is a “pay-per-click” advertising program, which only charges you when somebody visits your website due to a Google search. Sounds great, right? You only pay when an interested customer clicks your ad and visits your website! And when done correctly, pay-per-click (PPC) ads drive high-quality traffic at very reasonable and much more competitive prices than other forms of advertising.
But how much is it going to cost you overall?
The Dangers of How Google AdWords Charges
As great as AdWords is as an advertising program, costs can rack up fast while you potentially drive low-quality traffic IF you don’t know how to manage the process expertly. The service’s least expensive charges come at mere pennies per click, but on the upper end, a single click can cost a whopping $55. Without careful management, you can easily spend 2-3 times more per click than you should.
The problem with Adwords is how to keep your costs low while keeping sales and inquiries high. Over the last few years, AdWords has grown into a complex system with literally dozens of variables that can be adjusted, and at this time, it’s our feeling that this requires professional insight to make the most of all the features and cost-control constraints.
Too often, companies enroll in AdWords and then end up shelling out way more money than they’d allotted in their budgets, and they’re ultimately forced to ditch the program before they waste any more. It’s all too common to find advertisers who’ve had a negative experience and don’t want to return to AdWords.
That’s a shame because AdWords can give your business a massive boost in web traffic and credibility. With expert management, costs can be controlled, and wasted advertising dollars can be totally avoided.
So Exactly How Does Google AdWords Charge, Anyway?
The most important thing to understand is how Google AdWords charges. Your total cost and cost per click are determined by a number of factors that we have years of experience managing and adjusting for optimum performance.
A number of factors play into how much each click costs you, including:
- How competitive is the keyword you’re targeting?. Our extensive AdWords keyword research helps you strike a balance between keywords that are effective on the one hand and affordable on the other.
- Your maximum bid & bid position. Higher bids give you a better shot at a great ranking, but they also run the risk of a higher cost-per-click. We approach each maximum bid strategically to find your best-value sweet spot. With our help, you’ll rarely pay your maximum bid for any individual click.
- The average monthly budget. You never need to pay more in a month than you want to. We can get you results within whatever budget you’ve set aside for AdWords advertising.
- Your click-through rate. Google judges the effectiveness of your ads, rewarding the ads & keywords that have higher click-through rates with a lower cost per click. Having a professional firm like ours write high-quality ads will decrease your cost per click, affecting your total ad expenditure every month.
- Your keyword quality score. Google rewards you with lower click costs when your ads, keywords, and landing pages all mesh well together and have a lot of relevance to the search term. Google calls this your Quality Score. Again, professional setup and management can often save you thousands of dollars by increasing your Quality Score.
These are just a few of the key factors that affect your AdWords costs. There are dozens of more minor, less well-known tactics we use to get your costs down and your sales up.
Furthermore, with Adwords, there’s no minimum amount that you have to spend, and we’re able to maintain control over many factors to help keep costs in line. We frequently run detailed reports on your advertising costs and analyze which ads get you the best bang for your buck. We continually work to improve your campaigns’ performance.
You Don’t Have to Stress About How Google AdWords Charges
These cost factors give you just a taste of how complicated Google AdWords management can become. There’s a reason companies hire professionals to manage their online ad campaigns and those that do see the best results.
The good news is that if you hire Spade Design’s team of AdWords experts, you won’t have to worry about wasting precious time and money due to errors and misunderstandings about Google Adwords. Our Adwords consulting process will take care of all the details. We’ll save you stress (not to mention money) and get you the significant results you’re expecting.
Stop Worrying About What Google Charges; Hire an AdWords Specialist
If you’ve been wondering, “how does Google AdWords charge?” give us a call and learn more. You can talk with one of our experts about how PPC advertising can provide you with brand exposure and increase your traffic online.
Please schedule a consultation with us to speak with a Google AdWords Specialist.